Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Support the Puyallup Schools levy

Letter to the Editor
Puyallup Herald
February 10, 2010

I want to briefly explain why I will support the February 9 Puyallup School District replacement levy. Puyallup is an education community. I am the son, grandson, and great grandson of Puyallup teachers, and I was blessed to attend Karshner Elementary, Aylen Junior High, and graduate from Puyallup High School.

Puyallup is famous for its first-class teaching staff, its exceptional athletic programs, and its tradition of community support. In this time of economic hardship, we must not raise taxes, and this levy will not increase taxes. Many areas of government spending should be cut, but cutting over 20% of the Puyallup School District budget would be too much to bear.

Please join me in voting yes for the Puyallup Schools levy.

Hans Zeiger

No comments:

Post a Comment